Its time to travel through opportunities within the tourism sector by highlighting consumers preferences while keeping in mind the rising awareness of environmental sustainability and climate change.
And this certainly poses a question of whether India is poised to become a Travel Hub ? If yes, then, its time for India Inc. to act exemplary and get set with its tourism products and strategies suiting New Situations and Rising Customer Preferences. Since consumers are looking for new destinations, new types of holidays, new price points, the forum aims to highlight what we would like to call: The Resurgence. These rising preferences & opportunities can be harnessed by Hospitality, Airlines and Tour Operator Segment in order to capitalize on this new situation.
Apart from the development of products that are related to special interests of the target market, the product development strategy should be focused to varied aspects of tourism in the country. For instance, India is known for its greatest biodiversity with a variety of unique natural locales, and is therefore, a right bet for Eco Tourism. In this context, Eco tourism should be made one of the priority tourism products of India with focal points being Himalayas, North Eastern states, Western Ghats, Uttrakhand, Jharkhand and so on. For this, India’s positioning statement and branding should focus on what makes it unique and matched in the tourism world. A good example of this positioning could be Thailand’s ‘Amazing Thailand’ brand, Malaysia’s ‘Malaysia, Truly Asia’ brand, Philippines, ‘Festival Islands brand’ act as powerful positioning statements that serve to effectively differentiate each of these destination countries from their competitors.
India today is being rediscovered by the world at large for the depth of its diversity. Therefore, its time to highlight the diverse environment that has allowed the tourism industry to thrive and become the largest single export industry and a leading force in the Service Sector. Since every region of the world is distinct and thus has something both to offer and gain through travel and tourism, particularly developing nations. Therefore, it is the responsibility of industry experts to harness opportunities whilst facing the long term challenges engendered by travel and tourism.
This is the time to discuss:
CAPITALISING ON NEW AND RISING TOURISM PREFERENCES
CATALYZING GROWTH” FOR HOSPITALITY, TRAVEL AND AIRLINES SEGMENT
- Trends that will shape the future of : Hospitality sector, Airlines sector, Tour & Travel segment
- How can Indian share be increased in Global Tourism ?
- Need for comprehensive development of infrastructure and proper maintenance of tourism destinations and heritage sites
- Stringent need for training, development and retention of human resources in order to cater to rising influx of tourists
- Dialogue on Growth Determinants of the Hospitality, Travel & Airlines sector and how it can harness the growth of Indian tourism industry?
- Dealing with Growing Customer Expectations. Focus : New destinations, New types of holidays, New price points
- Improving & Expanding Product Development to boost the growth of varied aspects of tourism in the country. Focus : Eco Tourism, MICE, Medical Tourism, Adventure Tourism
- Need for massive investment in Tourism Infrastructure
- Capitalising Emerging Interactive Technologies to boost growth of the sector
- Need for innovativeness and taking contemporary luxury to new heights thereby delivering impressive hospitality products and services
- Offering the best of services at affordable pricing